Tungsten ore is an important metal mineral, which is widely used in aviation, aerospace, electronics, optics, chemical industry, metallurgy and other fields. The mining and beneficiation process of tungsten ore refers to a series of operational steps for extracting tungsten ore from the ore. This article will introduce the detailed steps of the tungsten ore mining and beneficiation process.
1、 Mining of tungsten ore
The mining of tungsten ore refers to the process of extracting tungsten ore from the ground or surface. There are two mining methods of tungsten ore: Surface mine and underground mining. Surface mine refers to the mining of tungsten ore on the surface, which is mainly applicable to shallow ore bodies and large deposits. Underground mining refers to the underground mining of tungsten ore, mainly applicable to situations where the ore body is deep and the deposit is small. The purpose of tungsten mining is to obtain sufficient ore for subsequent beneficiation and processing.
2、 Beneficiation of tungsten ore
The beneficiation of tungsten ore refers to the process of extracting tungsten ore from the ore. There are various beneficiation methods for tungsten ore, including gravity separation, flotation, magnetic separation, and electrical separation. Among them, gravity separation is the most commonly used mineral processing method. Gravity separation is a method of separating tungsten ores by using the density difference between tungsten ores and ores. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Rough selection: After rough crushing, screening, and other operations, the ore is obtained into larger tungsten particles.
2. Intermediate selection: The tungsten ore particles obtained from rough selection are subjected to operations such as intermediate crushing, intermediate screening, and intermediate selection to obtain medium-sized tungsten ore particles.
3. Selection: The tungsten ore particles obtained from the selection are finely crushed, screened, and selected to obtain smaller tungsten ore particles.
4. Scanning: Scan the selected tungsten ore particles to remove impurities and obtain pure tungsten ore.
3、 Smelting of tungsten ore
The smelting of tungsten ore refers to the process of extracting tungsten elements from tungsten ore. There are two smelting methods for tungsten ore: physical smelting and chemical smelting. Among them, chemical smelting is the most commonly used smelting method. The specific steps of chemical smelting are as follows:
1. Sulfuric acid leaching: Mix tungsten ore powder with concentrated sulfuric acid and react under high temperature and pressure conditions to convert tungsten into tungstic acid.
2. Filtering: Filter the reacted tungstic acid solution to remove impurities.
3. Reduction: Add a reducing agent to the filtered tungstic acid solution to reduce it to metallic tungsten.
4. Refining: Refining the reduced metal tungsten to remove impurities and obtain pure metal tungsten.
4、 Application of tungsten ore
Tungsten metal has high melting point, high density, high hardness, corrosion resistance and other excellent properties, and is widely used in aviation, aerospace, electronics, optics, chemical industry, metallurgy and other fields. For example, tungsten metal can be used to manufacture high-speed steel, alloy steel, cutting tools, electrodes, vacuum furnaces, etc.
The tungsten ore mining and dressing process is a series of operational steps to extract tungsten ore from the ore. The mining and beneficiation process of tungsten ore includes steps such as mining, beneficiation, and smelting. Among them, gravity separation is the most commonly used beneficiation method, and chemical smelting is the most commonly used smelting method. Tungsten metal has a wide range of applications and is of great significance for the development of modern industry.