With the continuous development of technology, the application of zirconium sand ore is becoming increasingly widespread. Zirconium sand ore is an important mineral resource mainly used for manufacturing ceramics, glass, electronic products, etc. And the coastal zirconium sand mine is one of the more important zirconium sand mines in China, with high zirconium content and good quality, which is deeply welcomed by the market. However, there are certain impurities in the coastal zirconium sand ore, such as iron and titanium, which can affect the quality and effectiveness of zirconium sand. Therefore, it is of great significance to conduct gravity separation tests on coastal zirconium sand ore, remove impurities, and improve the quality and purity of zirconium sand.
1、 Test purpose
The main purpose of this experiment is to remove impurities from the coastal zirconium sand ore, improve the quality and purity of zirconium sand, and make it more suitable for manufacturing high-end ceramics, glass, electronic products, etc.
2、 Test method
This experiment adopts the gravity separation method, which mainly includes three steps: magnetic separation, gravity separation, and flotation.
1. Magnetic separation
Firstly, the coastal zirconium sand ore is crushed and screened to obtain coarse ore. Then, the coarse ore is subjected to magnetic separation to remove iron minerals from it. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Place the coarse ore into the magnetic separator and turn on the magnetic separator.
(2) Adjust the current and voltage of the magnetic separator to achieve the best magnetic separation effect.
(3) After magnetic separation, the minerals that remove iron minerals are called magnetic separation tailings, which are collected for future use.
Next, the magnetic separation tailings are subjected to gravity separation to remove titanium minerals from them. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Place the magnetic separation tailings into the gravity separator and start the gravity separator.
(2) Adjust the water flow and vibration frequency of the reselection machine to achieve the best reselection effect.
(3) After being re selected, the minerals that remove titanium minerals are called re selected tailings, which are collected for future use.
Finally, the gravity tailings are subjected to flotation to remove silicon minerals from them. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Place the gravity tailings into the flotation machine and start the flotation machine.
(2) Adjust the reagent and gas flow rate of the flotation machine to achieve the best flotation effect.
(3) After flotation, the minerals that remove silicon minerals are called flotation tailings and collected for later use.
3、 Test results
After the above three steps, we successfully removed impurities such as iron, titanium, and silicon from the coastal zirconium sand ore, and obtained high-purity zirconium sand. After testing, the zirconium content of zirconium sand has reached over 99.5%, and the quality and purity have been greatly improved. This is of great significance for the development and utilization of coastal zirconium placers.
Through this gravity separation experiment of coastal zirconium sand ore, we successfully removed impurities and improved the quality and purity of zirconium sand. The experimental results indicate that the gravity separation method is a very effective method for removing impurities in zirconium placers, and has broad application prospects. We believe that this method will be more widely applied in future research and development.