As an important mineral resource, sand zirconium ore is widely used in fields such as ceramics, refractory materials, electronic devices, aerospace, etc. The beneficiation process of sand zirconium ore refers to the beneficiation treatment of sand zirconium ore, which separates useful minerals from it, in order to improve the grade and recovery rate of sand zirconium ore. This article will provide a detailed introduction to the beneficiation process of sand zirconium ore, helping readers better understand the beneficiation process of sand zirconium ore.
1、 Properties of Sand Zirconium Ore
Shazircon ore is a mineral composed of zircon and silica, usually appearing brownish red, gray, or yellow. The hardness of sand zirconium ore is high, and it has a certain degree of toughness and ductility. Therefore, special process methods need to be used in the beneficiation process.
II. Beneficiation process flow of sand zirconium ore
1. Rough selection
After processing through mining, crushing, screening, and other processes, the sand zirconium ore first enters the rough selection stage. In the rough selection stage, flotation is usually used to separate the minerals. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Crush the ore to a certain particle size, usually 0.5-1mm.
(2) Put the ore into the flotation cell and add a certain amount of reagents, such as acetone, Sodium dodecyl sulfate, etc.
(3) Turn on the stirrer to fully disperse the agent in the slurry.
(4) Add air or nitrogen to form bubbles, allowing minerals to combine with the bubbles and float to the liquid surface.
(5) The flotation foam is collected, dried and dried to obtain the flotation concentrate containing zircon.
After rough selection, the zircon in the sand zircon ore has been separated, but its grade is relatively low and needs further improvement. Therefore, the next step is to carry out grinding treatment to remove impurities from the zircon and improve its grade. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Feed the flotation concentrate into the mill for grinding treatment.
(2) Classify the ground minerals through a vibrating screen or spiral classifier to separate fine powder from coarse powder.
(3) Feed the fine powder and coarse powder into different flotation tanks for flotation treatment.
After grinding, the grade of zircon in the sand zircon ore has been improved, but it may still contain some impurities that require cleaning treatment. The purpose of cleaning is to remove impurities from the mineral surface and improve the purity of zircon. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Send the flotation concentrate into the cleaning tank and add a certain amount of reagent.
(2) Turn on the stirrer to fully disperse the agent in the slurry.
(3) Add a certain amount of water to wash away impurities on the mineral surface.
(4) Feed the cleaned minerals into a dryer to remove moisture and obtain zircon concentrate.
The beneficiation process of sand zirconium ore is a complex process that requires the use of multiple process methods to separate and purify minerals. In practical operation, adjustments and optimizations need to be made based on the properties and beneficiation conditions of the ore to achieve the best beneficiation effect. I hope this article can be helpful for readers to understand the beneficiation process of sand zirconium ore.