Zircon ore is an important metal ore, which is widely used in electronics, ceramics, chemical industry and other fields. In the mining and beneficiation process of zircon ore, beneficiation methods are crucial. Zircon gravity beneficiation method is a commonly used beneficiation method. This article will introduce the steps, advantages, and disadvantages of Zircon gravity beneficiation method.
I. Steps of Zircon Gravity Beneficiation Method
1. Coarse beneficiation: The raw ore is subjected to rough beneficiation to remove impurities and useless minerals such as quartz, resulting in rough beneficiation.
2. Grinding: The coarse ore dressing is ground to a certain fineness for the subsequent beneficiation process.
3. Gravity separation: The minerals that have undergone grinding treatment are subjected to gravity separation using a gravity concentrator. Gravity concentrator is a kind of equipment that uses the density difference of different minerals to separate. The commonly used ones are spiral separator, inclined plate separator, shaking table, etc.
4. Selection: The selected zircon ore is carefully selected to remove impurities and tailings, resulting in high-purity zircon ore.
2、 Advantages and disadvantages of zircon gravity beneficiation method
(1) The beneficiation process is simple, with low equipment investment and low operating costs.
(2) Suitable for processing large amounts of medium to low grade zircon ore.
(3) The beneficiation effect is good, and high-grade zircon ore can be obtained.
(1) During the beneficiation process, a large amount of waste residue and tailings are generated, which has a certain impact on the environment.
(2) The beneficiation efficiency is low and it is unable to process high-grade zircon ore.
(3) Dust is easily generated during the beneficiation process, which has a certain impact on the health of workers.
Zircon gravity beneficiation method is a commonly used beneficiation method, which has the advantages of simple beneficiation process, low equipment investment, and good beneficiation effect. However, it also has disadvantages such as low beneficiation efficiency and easy generation of waste residue and tailings. Therefore, in practical applications, it is necessary to select the most suitable beneficiation method based on factors such as ore grade and composition, in order to achieve the best beneficiation effect.