As a very precious metal, platinum is widely used in today's society, and coastal placer platinum gold is one of the important ores. However, the extraction of ore is not an easy task and requires multiple steps of processing to obtain high-quality platinum. This article will introduce the gravity separation process of coastal placer platinum gold mines, helping readers better understand the ore processing process.
1、 Characteristics of coastal placer platinum gold deposits
Seaside placer platinum gold mine is a kind of ore with high platinum content, which is characterized by fine Granularity and more impurities such as sand and stone. Therefore, it is necessary to pay special attention to these characteristics when performing re selection processing, and adopt appropriate process flow to achieve the best processing effect.
2、 Gravity separation process flow of coastal placer platinum gold mine
1. Rough selection
The first step in the gravity separation of coastal placer platinum gold mines is rough separation, which aims to remove most of the impurities in the ore and make subsequent processing easier. The specific rough selection process is as follows:
(1) Using a jaw crusher to break the ore into small pieces;
(2) Using a cone crusher to further crush the ore into smaller particles;
(3) Use a vibrating screen for screening to remove impurities such as sand and stones from the ore.
The ore after rough selection will also contain some smaller impurities, which require intermediate processing. The selected process flow is as follows:
(1) Fine grinding of ore using a ball mill;
(2) Use a spiral classifier for classification to remove small impurities from the ore.
Most of the impurities have been removed from the ore after the intermediate selection treatment, but further selection treatment is needed to achieve higher extraction efficiency. The selected process flow is as follows:
(1) Using a flotation machine for flotation to extract valuable metals such as platinum from the ore;
(2) Using a filter press to dehydrate the flotation slurry and obtain a concentrate containing platinum;
(3) High temperature melting technology is used to melt the concentrate to obtain high-purity platinum.
The gravity separation process of the seaside placer platinum gold mine is a complex process that requires multiple steps of processing to obtain high-quality platinum. When processing, it is necessary to pay special attention to the characteristics of the ore and adopt appropriate process flow to achieve the best processing effect. I hope this article can help readers better understand the gravity separation process of coastal placer platinum gold mines and provide some reference for ore processing.